Non-Owner Occupied Units
Fairwinds is not an apartment complex, but owners are permitted to lease out their units.
- Owners are responsible for their tenants adherence to ALL community rules.
- Fairwinds does not allow any transient (short term or temporary) rentals. No exceptions.
Fairwinds provides office staff to assist with the day to day operations of the Fairwinds complex, however, the staff are NOT a concierge service for the community, nor are they expected to perform any of the landlord’s tasks. In addition, Fairwinds provides an onsite maintenance person to repair common area issues only. He is not a building superintendent nor a handyman endorsed by the association.
Before renting your unit, you need to be aware of the rules and laws governing this action.
If your unit is not occupied by you, the owner, you are required to provide the Fairwinds association office with the following:
- Completed supplemental form
(mandatory – available at the office or here)
- Current and complete lease
and, if applicable:
- Pet registration (form, county registration, and picture – only one small, manageable pet allowed)
- Parking registration/documentation
In addition, the City of Annapolis requires that All properties not occupied by the owner or his/her immediate family must have a valid renter’s license. These can be obtained at 160 Duke of Gloucester Street, Suite 202 (tel: 410-263-7946).
- Landlords and Tenants: Tips on Avoiding Disputes
(Maryland Attorney General’s office)
Landlords are responsible for the maintenance of their property as well as adherence of their tenants to community rules and regulations.