A lot actually. GENERALLY speaking, the items your monthly fees cover include the following:
- Gas use for heating, hot water, and cooking (excluding the townhouses) – This is somewhat unique for a condominium community
- Water and sewage expenses (excluding the townhouses)
- General maintenance and repair of buildings, property and amenities, including:
- parking lots and roadways
- tennis courts
- swimming pool
- playgrounds, etc.
- Grounds maintenance services
- Snow removal services
- Pest and termite control (does not include extermination services – see below)**
- Janitorial services
- Pool management services
- Electricity for common area lighting
- Interior of buildings
- Exterior of buildings
- Courtyards, pool, and parking lots
- Property management services
- Employment of maintenance technician and office staff
- Audit and tax preparation
- Insurance on the property and buildings (does not cover personal property and upgrades)
- Production and distribution of association newsletter
- Taxes for the association
- Legal fees and court costs
- Funding for replacement reserves (to enable funds available for major repair/replacement expenses for such items as:
- curbs and sidewalks
- building exteriors
- streets and paving
- tennis courts
- plumbing and common electrical, etc
** Fairwinds is not obligated to provide any pest control services, but we have chosen to conduct minimal pest control spraying/inspections in the best interest of the community at large.
Fairwinds does not provide ANY extermination services.
Please note: Fairwinds does not offer or endorse any handyman services.